Limited Warranty for the Products
Effective date: 20th August 2021
This limited warranty (this “Warranty”) is provided to end-user purchaser (“you”) of a Cheerlux-branded projector, and any other products that Cheerlux Malaysia sells in Malaysia (the “Product”).
This Warranty applies only to purchases made from Cheerlux Malaysia Official Sales Channels or an Authorized Retailer indicated below on or after the effective date identified above. This Warranty is only valid in Malaysia and is subject to the laws of Malaysia.
Cheerlux Malaysia Official Sales Channels:
- Web: https://cheerlux.my
- Shopee: https://shopee.com.my/cheerlux_malaysia_official
- Lazada: https://www.lazada.com.my/shop/cheerluxmy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheerluxmalaysia
Cheerlux Malaysia Authorized Retailers:
Cheerlux Malaysia reserves the right to amend or modify the terms and conditions of this Warranty without prior notice.
To the extent permitted by local law and subject to the terms of this Warranty, Cheerlux Malaysia will, at its option, render the Product to an operational condition as intended by Cheerlux Malaysia’s specifications free of charge, where there is a fault with the Product which is a consequence of the Manufacturer’s defect in materials or workmanship. To be eligible for this Warranty, you must provide Cheerlux Malaysia with notice of a defect during the Warranty period in accordance with the Warranty claim procedures indicated below.
You may claim warranty 1 time for all products eligible for warranty claim during the warranty period.
1. Warranty Period
The Warranty period varies depending on the model of the Product. The Warranty period for each of the Product models are as follows;
- Cheerlux C9 projector (all variations): 12 months
- Cheerlux C50 projector (all variations): 12 months
The Warranty period starts from the date you purchase the Product and ceases upon the expiration of the period. Your original purchase invoice (sales receipt or order confirmation e-mail), showing the date of purchase and product description, is your proof of the date of purchase.
In addition, this Warranty only applies to the initial purchase by you and Cheerlux Malaysia’s obligations under this Warranty cease anytime when the Product is rented, sold or otherwise disposed of by you.
2. Warranty Claim Procedures
Your Product must be registered with Cheerlux Malaysia before a Warranty claim may be processed. Therefore, it is important to register your Product upon purchase of the Product.
How to Register your Product with Cheerlux Malaysia
All genuine Cheerlux Malaysia’s products will be accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity which contain a unique serial number and the link to the product registration form. You need to visit the link and submit the registration form before the warranty period ends. You are advised to complete the registration as soon as you receive the product because if you lose the Certificate of Authenticity, you will not be able to complete the registration process and unregistered product is not allowed for warranty claim.
Upon submission of the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email to the e-mail address you entered in the registration form. if you do not receive the confirmation email, your warranty may not be registered; please contact us at https://support.cheerlux.my for further assistance.
How to Make a Warranty Claim
If you register your Product with Cheerlux Malaysia in accordance with the above and never claim any warranty for the product before, you may make a Warranty claim within the Warranty period in accordance with the procedures below, provided however that you will not be entitled to a Warranty claim if your Product or defect falls under one of the exclusions under “Section 3 – Warranty Exclusions and Limitations” of this Warranty:
- If you experience any issue with your Product, please contact our Customer Service at https://support.cheerlux.my and follow our instructions on troubleshooting procedures.
- If the issue cannot be resolved by troubleshooting, our support staff will provide you an address for you to return the Product. You need to pack everything into the original box with adequate protection and ship it to the provided address using your preferred delivery service at your own cost. We highly recommend you insure your parcel shipment since you are liable for getting the product to Cheerlux Malaysia safely. Cheerlux Malaysia will not be responsible for product lost-in-transit. If, as reasonably determined by Cheerlux Malaysia, a Product that is not eligible for a warranty claim is shipped to Cheerlux Malaysia, Cheerlux Malaysia will not be responsible for returning the Product. Cheerlux Malaysia has no warranty obligations with respect to Products.
What Cheerlux Malaysia Will Do
Once your Warranty claim is received by Cheerlux Malaysia, we will investigate the cause of the problem, and if the fault with the Product is a consequence of the Manufacturer’s defect in materials or workmanship, Cheerlux Malaysia will, at its option, repair, replace, or refund the Product.
To the extent permitted by local law, Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products of the same type, rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the Product. Replacement of the Product or a part does not extend or restart the Warranty period.
Repair of Products may result in loss of data. Cheerlux Malaysia is not liable for any loss of data stored in the Products. If a Product presented for repair is capable of retaining user-generated data, you are advised that repair of the Product may result in loss of the data.
All component parts or hardware products removed under this Warranty become the property of Cheerlux Malaysia unless otherwise stipulated by applicable local law.
If the Product or a component incorporated in that Product is no longer available, Cheerlux Malaysia may, at Cheerlux Malaysia’s sole discretion, replace the Product with the available model nearest to the original model’s form, functionality, and performance.
In the unlikely event that Cheerlux Malaysia determines it is unable to repair or replace the Product, Cheerlux Malaysia, at its option, may elect to give you a full or partial refund or credit of your purchase price instead of a replacement.
Cheerlux Malaysia to the extent permitted by local law, may seek reimbursement from you of any reasonable costs incurred by us if the Products are found to be in good working order or where the problem falls under any of the Warranty exclusions and limitations. Reasonable costs may include transportation costs and parts and labor costs.
3. Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
This Warranty does not apply to maintenance kits (periodic or otherwise), accessories and consumable items and does not extend to any Product from which the warranty protection seal has been removed. In addition, this Warranty does not cover any of the followings:
- Products returned from outside countries where Cheerlux Malaysia ships Products
- Products purchased from unauthorized retailers
- Products provided by Cheerlux Malaysia or its designee for promotional purposes without charge
- normal wear and tear;
- any damages and failures arising from any usage, attachment, installation or connection to, in or with the Product, of any non-genuine products (including consumables, accessory, hardware, equipment, part or programs);
- any damages, dents, defacement, scratches, stains, or marks however caused to the Product’s external covers/panels;
- any damages, defects, malfunctions or non-functioning to or in the Product howsoever arising from, caused by or incidental to any external cause (including accidents, fire, lightning, Act of God, exposure to water or moisture, or caused by insects, pests or of whatever kind, or caused by or during any or any attempted burglary, theft and/or riot), and any corrosion, rust, staining or any other such like matters;
- any damages and failures arising from any abuse and/or negligence of any end-users or third parties, howsoever defined;
- any damages and failures arising from the use of the product contrary to its manuals and/or users guides;
- any damages and failures arising from the services (including but not limited to any modification, disassembling or repair) in relation to the products given by any service providers or personnel not authorized by Cheerlux Malaysia;
- any damages and failures arising from or due to external effects such as power supply (including fluctuations);
- any malfunction, defects, or damage arising from shipping or storage of products;
- falsification of serial number of devices, serial number of Warranty certificate or the date;
- the dropping of any object, fluid inside the products or its mechanical parts;
- setup of products in a location exposed to direct sunlight, blocked ventilation slots, unstable surface, power extension cords or adaptors, insufficient space, extreme temperatures;
- any products that are not properly installed, maintained, stored or used; or
- any damages and failures due to virus, infection, worm, or similar malicious code not introduced by Cheerlux Malaysia.
Upon occurrence of any of the following events, Cheerlux Malaysia may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate the Warranty and treat the Warranty as null and void. Upon such termination, Cheerlux Malaysia will no longer be liable or responsible to carry out any Warranty Work for your Product due to any defect even if it is still within the Warranty Period.
- any assignment, sale or transfer of the Product by the customer to any other party;
- any adjustment, modification, maintenance, service, repair or work of whatever kind carried out to the Product by any party that is not duly authorized by Cheerlux Malaysia;
- any act, deed or thing done not in accordance with (i) the information or manual supplied with the Product, or (ii) Cheerlux Malaysia’s instructions howsoever given and wherever contained;
- any abuse (including rough handling/transportation), negligent act or use, misuse, tampering or wrongful management of the Product, including failure or neglect to maintain the correct environmental conditions such as air quality, humidity or temperature, or failure to maintain the correct and proper inspection, maintenance and service schedules recommended for the Product); or
- any damage or tampering of the serial number on the Product, or any alteration to the Warranty certificate, Warranty’s registration number or Product’s proof of purchase;
CHEERLUX MALAYSIA MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR CONDITION WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL AND, ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CHEERLUX MALAYSIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED IN THIS WARRANTY.
TO THE EXTENT THAT THE ABOVE WARRANTY SERVICES AND TERMS OR ANY PART THEREOF IS INCONSISTENT WITH LOCAL LAW, THE WARRANTY SERVICES AND TERMS OR THE CORRESPONDING PART SHALL BE DEEMED MODIFIED TO BE CONSISTENT WITH SUCH LOCAL LAW. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT LAWFULLY PERMITTED, THIS WARRANTY DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT, OR MODIFY BUT ARE IN ADDITION TO THE MANDATORY STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO THE SALE OF THIS PRODUCT TO YOU.